Payments can be made at the County Office, online banking through ATB, Royal Bank, TD Canada Trust, Vision Credit Union, or Scotia Bank. Please note: online payments take 1 to 3 banking days so please allocate this time.
If you would like a receipt, please call or email our office.
Big Lakes County
PO Box 239
High Prairie, AB
- Email: [email protected]
- IMPORTANT: In the description box please indicate where payment is to be applied (Example: Utilities Account # or Tax Roll #) and include your phone number.
To add a bill payee:
- From the app’s Home screen, tap Bills
- Tap Manage bills
- Tap Manage payees
- Tap Add new payee and enter the payee name and your account number
- Big Lakes Alberta (Mun) Utility
- Big Lakes Alberta (Mun) Taxes
Use Tax Roll number or the first 6 digits of your Utility account as your account number
- Tap Add payee
Once you add a payee to your list, you can make payments to them right away.
Royal Bank of Canada
- From the RBC Home page, select Pay Bills & Transfer Funds > Create/Update Payee List > Add New Payee
- Enter the payee name:
- Big Lakes Alta, Mun Dist – Taxes
- Big Lakes Alta, Mun Dist – Util
- Choose the payee from the list and choose Continue
- If the payee is not in the list, try searching again using a variation of the company name
- Enter your payee account number and choose Continue. Use Tax Roll number or the first 6 digits of your Utility account as your account number.
The new payee account will be added immediately to your Payee List.
Alberta Treasury Branch (ATB)
- Go to Payments & Transfers > Bill Payments > Pay Bills & Manage Payees
- Click Add payee
- Enter “MD of Big Lakes”
- Enter the account number as it appears on the bill or invoice. Use Tax Roll number or the first 6 digits of your Utility account as your account number.
- Complete the form and click Add Payee
TD Canada Trust
To pay bills on the TD app, you’ll need to add payees. A ‘payee’ is a company or organization you want to pay. Log in to the TD App to get started.
To add a payee, you’ll need the official payee name and payee account number. Both items can be found on a bill or statement. From the home screen, select Bills in the main menu.
- Select the Manage Payees option from the Bills screen.
- Select the Add icon in the top right corner of the screen.
- Type the name into the Search for payees field. Matching payees will begin to populate. Select the name of your payee:
- Big Lakes (MD of) Taxes
- Big Lakes (MD of) Utilities
Enter your payee account number in the Payee Account field. Use Tax Roll number or the first 6 digits of your Utility account as your account number. The Description field is an optional field you can use to apply a personalized label to your payee account (Ex. Utility Bill).
- Review all the information to ensure that it’s correct. When your information is correct, select the Add Payee button.
From here, you can send money to your new payee, add additional payees to your list, or return to the home screen.
Vision Credit Union
- Sign in.
- If you’re using online banking click Transfers & payments, under Payments select Manage payees. If you’re using the mobile banking app, navigate to your menu “=”, select Payments and tap Manage payees
- Click the + symbol if you’re using our app, or the Add payee button if you’re using Vision’s online banking
- Search for the vendor name
- Big Lakes, MD – Taxes
- Big Lakes, MD – Utilities
- Enter your payee account number. Use Tax Roll number or the first 6 digits of your Utility account as your account number.
- Confirm your payee details. This request requires an additional security step. Select how you want to receive your confirmation code
- Enter the confirmation code you received to confirm that you want to add this bill payee and click Continue