In times of crisis it is important that residents have access to trusted, timely and accurate information to ensure their own safety and that of their family and loved ones. In response to this need, Big Lakes
County has chosen Voyent Alert! as the communication service provider for these kinds of events.Voyent Alert! is a multi-purpose communication service used to send alerts to residents, businesses, and visitors during critical events like extreme weather or wildfires, as well as day to day communications like road closures and utility disruptions.
How to Register:
What You Can Expect
- Personalized Communications: Voyent Alert! provides informative communications. Critical information such as the distance and direction from an incident, time of intercept and preferred evacuation routes from your tracked locations are provided.
- Track Multiple Locations: Voyent Alert! allows you to create and track multiple locations such as “Kids School” or “Mom’s House”. Any event or communication related to your tracked locations will be forwarded to you along your preferred communication channel.
- No Message Fatigue: Voyent Alert’s smart alerting capabilities ensure that you will only get notified when a communication is relevant to you or one of the locations you are tracking.
- Communications Your Way: Receive alerts over a wide variety of communication channels including mobile apps, text/SMS alerting, email or voice calling You can register for all or one of them.
- Privacy is Paramount: Registration is anonymous, and no information volunteered or derived is shared or used for marketing or data harvesting purposes. Locational information from your tracked locations is only used to determine its proximity to an alert event and to provide critical context within the communications (such as distance and direction).
- Leaving is Easy: Both mobile applications and web-based accounts provide access to an unsubscribe feature accessed via the menu icon on the top left of the screen/page. If the service isn’t working out simply click on the “Unsubscribe” button and you won’t be hearing from us again.